Welcome to PLATE (Product Lifetimes and the Environment), the 3rd international conference to address product lifetimes in the context of sustainability. The conference will be held September 18-20, 2019 in Berlin, Germany, organised by Fraunhofer IZM in cooperation with Technische Universität Berlin.
PLATE aims to address the tremendous impacts of product lifetimes on the environment. The biannual conference brings together academics, industry, civil society and policy makers working in the field of sustainability and focusing on a variety of products like electronics, textiles, furniture and vehicles.
Topics (skip to structured list of topics):
- Product lifetimes and product design
- Circular Economy and circularity in business
- Sustainable production and consumption
- Sharing economy and collaborative consumption
- Repair, DIY and maker communities
- Policy, regulation and legislation for product longevity
- Premature obsolescence and product lifetime optimisation
- Obsolescence 4.0 – Digitalisation and product lifetimes
The preliminary programme of PLATE 2019 is now online! Please note that all session allocations of individual presentations might still be subject to change.
PLATE 2019 will offer a great variety of high-quality presentations, interesting keynotes, exciting workshops and side-events, a PhD-workshop and many opportunities for transdisciplinary exchange and networking. [more about]
- The online registration for the conference is now open. To receive the reduced early bird rate, register online by June 30th, 2019 at the latest.
- The reduced early bird fee will be 580 € (PhD-Students 450 €), incl. all lunches, daytime refreshments and evening events
The Plate 2019 Conference will be held at the Dahlem Cube Seminaris Hotel, close to the heart of the city. Rooms at preferential rates have been reserved for participants of the conference, available until 15.08.19. September is a very busy time in Berlin, so reservations are highly recommended.
We look forward to seeing you in Berlin in 2019!
Dr. Nils F. Nissen, Fraunhofer IZM, Conference Chair
Prof. Melanie Jaeger-Erben, TU Berlin, Conference Chair
Prof. Kirsi Niinimäki, Aalto University, Programme Chair
Prof. Tim Cooper, Nottingham Trent University, Conference Series Chair