Product Lifetimes and the Environment, as most things, is a broad field of research which is constantly evolving. The PLATE conference, which has been running since 2015, has successfully been able to establish a solid network of researchers around its core theme. For the 2023 edition of the conference, we would like to encourage researchers to propose how to extend, widen or critically re-construct thematic sessions for the PLATE conference, therefore we invite you to propose a thematic session (individually or with your colleagues).
What scientific discussions have been missing from earlier PLATE conferences? What new themes are emerging in this field? How should we design products, economies, lifestyles or sustainability in the future? In this first round of propositions we hope to embrace new ideas of thematic sessions suitable for the PLATE2023 conference. This might be a nice opportunity to connect with your existing PLATE network as well as to find new PLATE connections and combine research tracks.
How to propose a thematic session:
- Write a proposal for a thematic session including around 400 words. The topic can be a combination of traditional PLATE tracks, multidisciplinary or exploratory by nature, more holistic view, or narrow view into a specific topic.
- In the proposal, please include:
- The name of thematic session;
- Your name(s) + email address;
- A brief description of the topic, research areas or questions this topic is associated with (the motivation for the submission);
- The relevance to the PLATE conference.
Submit your proposal by the 30th of April 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org and please add “Thematic Session” in the subject line. The programme committee will select and disclose the most suitable topics in May and the conference call will open in June 2022 (also including calls for workshops and proposals for exhibition).