Guide for writing an abstract
The abstract for PLATE 2023 should address the following points in no more than 500 words:
- The title of the paper. Choose a concise and informative title.
- Don’t include author names. The abstracts will be reviewed.
- The purpose of the research. This can be accompanied by a brief description of the context/background of the work.
- The research method/approach.
- The principal results. If the research is still in progress, please write a paragraph about the expected results of your work.
- The major conclusions. If the research is still in progress, please write about the conclusion(s) you hope to draw from the work.
- Include up to six keywords with your abstract.
Also take note of the following:
- Make sure to clearly indicate how this research is of relevance to the PLATE conference themes.
- You can add an image or table to the abstract. Provide a caption with a description of the image/table.
- You are allowed to use references. In the body text, cite the author(s) and year(s), and include the full references at the end of the text.
- Uncommon abbreviations should be avoided, but if essential they must be defined at their first mention in the abstract itself.